INVITED PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
If you are planning a conference or a workshop about marine mammals and you are interested in the participation of the director of the BDRI please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The director of the BDRI Mr. Bruno Díaz López (you can download his resume here) has delivered a number of lectures and public talks on cetacean research, marine biology and conservation, and he has been invited to make presentations in meetings, workshops and seminars, the most representative being:
- • Plenary speaker in the International workshop on bottlenose dolphin conservation and monitoring in the North-Western Mediterranean Sea in the Villa Méditerranée, Marseille, France. Organized by GDEGeM project, the GIS3M, in partnership with the French marine protected areas agency, the WWF France, the ACCOBAMS and the Pelagos Sanctuary. 1st December 2015.
- • Plenary speaker in a seminar about cetaceans research organized by the Irstea - National Research Institute of Science and Technology for Environment and Agriculture in Bordeaux, French Government. 8th December 2015.
- • Invited keynote speaker - Conference entitled “Behavioural studies and their importance in cetaceans’ research and conservation projects”. University of Santiago de Compostela, Faculty of Biology. Spain, November 2015.
• Seminar about dolphins research and conservation organized by the Environmental Agency of Abu Dhabi, UEA. Abu Dhabi, UEA November 2015.
• Invited speaker in the workshop organized by the Canary Island Goverment (Cabildo de Gran Canaria) about the Special Protected Areas for dolphins and the potential impact caused by the aquaculture industry. Canary Islands, October 2014.
• Speaker in the workshop organized by the European Cetacean Society entlited: Bottlenose dolphins conservation: what we can learn from different resident populations? Lisbon, Portugal, March 2013.
• Speaker in the Latinoamerican meeting of experts on marine mammals. Conference entlited: Common bottlenose dolphins and aquaculture: co-existence or conflict? Puerto Madryn, Patagonia Argentina, September 2012.
• Invited speaker in the international conference about marine mammals in Israel. Conference entlited: Common bottlenose dolphins and marine fin fish farms: co-existence or conflict? IMMRAC, Tel-aviv, Israel, October 2011.
• Invited speaker - Conference entitled “Studying bottlenose dolphin populations in the wild ”. University Autonoma of Barcelona, Spain. March 2011.
• Invited speaker – Workshop entitled “Cetaceans and fisheries on Spanish coasts: interaction or conflict”. CEMACAM, Murcia. Spain, May 2011.
• Invited speaker - Conference entitled “Monitoring coastal bottlenose dolphin populations”. University Autonoma of Barcelona, Spain. November 2010.
• Invited speaker - Conference entitled “Predation and Competition: the impact of aquaculture and fisheries on bottlenose dolphins in Sardinia, Italy.” 17 ème Conférence Internationale sur les Cétacés en Méditerranée, Nice France, January 2008.
• Invited speaker - Online conference entlited “Impact of aquaculture on marine mammals”. Aquacet (Peru), December 2008.
• Invited speaker - Conference entitled " Impact of aquaculture on marine mammals” Parque de las ciencias Granada, Spain, November 2008
• Invited speaker - Conference entitled “Whistles characteristics and repertoire of wild bottlenose dolphins in Sardinia Island, Italy.” 16 ème Conférence Internationale sur les Cétacés en Méditerranée, Nice, France, November 2008.
• Invited speaker - Seminars entitled “Cetaceans and aquaculture: problems and conflicts” 8-10 April 2008. Malaga, Almeria and Granada. Fundation Gypaetus and Ministery of Agriculture and fishery of Andalucia, Spain.
• Invited speaker - Workshop “Cetaceans & Fisheries in Italy”, ACCOBAMS - MiPAAF. Rome, 10-11 September 2007. Italian Ministery of Agriculture and fishery, Rome, Italy.
• Invited speaker - Seminar entitled " Interaction between marine mammals and human activities”. 21 September 2006, Pontevedra, Spain.
• Invited speaker - Seminar entitled “Research on bottlenose dolphin populations in the wild” 11 – 12 December 2004. Faculty of Veterinary, University Complutense of Madrid, Spain.
• Invited speaker - Conference entitled “Research on cetacean populations in the wild”, 18 – 20 August 2001. La Graña Marine Research Center, SGHN and University of Santiago, Ferrol, Spain.
• Seminar entitled “Marine mammals research”, 5 May 2000, Sperlonga, Italy. World Wide Fund, Italy.
• Seminar entitled “Methods of research on cetacean population in nature” for the PhD course in Biology. 29 March 2000. Faculty of Biology, University of Roma Tre, Italy.
For more information about BDRI's research and conservation work, please visit our Facebook page.